Sunday, August 23, 2009

Lost and Found

It has happened here many times here in Rio de Janerio where I want very badly to find something specific but have no idea where to find it and then I get lost on my way to find something else that doesn't matter as much to me. When this happens I find exactly I was looking for in the first place (pretty much every single time I get lost this happens to me! And this is a huge city! Could Rio de Janeiro be magical?) It happened again today.

(I didn't bring my camera and none of these photos belong to me, fyi)

I was watching a Snoop Dog music video 2 days ago because it was set in Rio, when I saw it.





Around 2 minutes and 15 seconds in, they introduce the place that is pictured at top. I saw the amazing building and immediately I wanted to go there. But where was it? Was it even open to the public? I didn't know what it was called and didn't know how to look it up- and only hoped that someday I would be able to see it in person.

Today I decided to go to the botanical gardens. I took the bus there and got off at the huge gates. I entered and realized... that I had gone to the wrong park. Oh well, this one (Parque Lage) was gorgeous. I walked around and entered this beautiful old looking building.


It was filled with artwork which I gazed at before walking through an arch and seeing, to my great surprise, this in front of me.

No. Way. No. Way.

I couldn't help but smile.

2 comments: