Friday, July 24, 2009

Seasons

A fact that you may or may not know- it is winter here in Rio.

Yes, that's right. Since it's the other side of the equator, I am living in the dead of winter here in Rio de Janeiro.

Winter here is such a joke. Today it was around 70 and the cariocas (locals of Rio) were walking around in winter coats and complaining to me how cold it is here. Apparently it is the coldest it's been all year. I think that's hilarious, because it is quite warm here. Also, no one understands farenheit, not even the others who live in my room, so I'll have to work on learning Celcius.

The leaves here on some of the trees are starting to fall off. I can't believe that there are trees that lose their leaves when it gets into the 70s.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, 70 degrees is cold! That's 21 Celsius...Brrrr!

    ReplyDelete